If You Build It, They Will Come… Maybe…If You Build It, They Will Come… Maybe… https://theprovisumgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/church-300x151.jpg 300 151 The Provisum Group https://theprovisumgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/church-300x151.jpg
The common error of thought in many churches is, If we build it, they will come. Whether it’s a new website, a new pastoral hire, or a new strategy, churches sometimes feel that if they simply do something new they will reap the rewards.
The truth is that before you decide on what you are going to do, spend some time considering how you are going to do it and how you are going to keep it going. Furthermore, you should work hard to avoid top-down prescriptive solutions.
Here are a few evaluation questions for making strategic decisions.
- Why do we want to make this change?
- What empirical evidence do we have to support this change?
- How are we going to make this change?
- How are we going to keep it going?
- Have we taken time to listen to the community?
- How will we know if we are successful (What are the metrics).
- When will we stop if we are not successful?
By learning as much as you can and seeking data from the church community, you are more likely to avoid costly strategic errors.